In the spirit of the circus/carnival party I had recently, I decided to include a themed cocktail for the festivities. I was eating some nachos with cheese sauce piled high with pickled jalapeños at my party when it hit me that I didn’t come across jalapeño cocktails all that often. Probably the most common kind is a jalapeño margarita but outside of that, I’d never really heard of one. I’m sure they are out there, but I decided to see what I could some up with.
I started with a standard dirty martini recipe and replaced the olive jar juice and olives with jalapeño juice and slices of jalapeños. It turned out really good! If you like a little spice and the flavor of pickled jalapeños, you’d probably love this drink.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1/2 oz. dry vermouth
- 1 oz. pickled jalapeño juice from jar
- 1-5 drops hot sauce (I used habanero hot sauce)
- 2-3 slices pickled jalapeño
- Put all of the ingredients, except the sliced jalapeños, in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard about 4-5 times and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with several jalapeño slices.