Here’s a clue about my upcoming cake project: It’s a bundt cake!
So for now I’ll give you the cake that inspired my secret project, my mom’s Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe. She’s made this cake for my brother’s and my birthdays for as long as I can remember. It’s deliciously full of chocolate and super moist (also not low in calories). If you’ve been to any of my birthdays before, you’ve probably had a piece.
Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Makes 12 servings
- 1 box of Chocolate cake mix ( I usually get Devil’s Food or Fudge Chocolate)
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3.9 oz., sm. size) pkg of Jell-o Instant Chocolate Fudge Pudding
- 1 cup or small carton of sour cream
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 stick (4 tbs.) of softened butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven at 350?F.
- Mix all of the ingredients except chocolate chips and powdered sugar in a bowl together. I usually combine the dry ingredients first and then add the wet ones.
- Beat ingredients for 5 min on high until thick and fluffy. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fully cover the inside of a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into the pan and cook for 45 min. Test the cake with a wooden pick or skewer. If it comes out clean, it’s done, if not, keep baking it until it does.
- Once it’s done baking, shake pan to loosen cake from sides, then let it cool in pan for 10 mins.
- Turn out on to a plate and cool completely.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar (if desired).
Nutrition Facts* Per serving
Calories 383, Total Fat 18.3g, Sat. Fat 9.7g, Cholest. 83.5mg, Sodium 517mg, Carb. 54.2g, Fiber 2.4g, Sugars 34.5g, Protein 6.5g
*These Nutrition Facts were calculated by myself using a calorie counter. Actual Nutrition Facts may be different. This is just for guidance.
Shane's Killer Cupcakes by Shane Russell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://cupcakeattack.wordpress.com/contact/.