One of the things I made for my Ice Cream Social recently was my grandmother’s homemade chocolate syrup. I’m not sure where the recipe originated. It could be an old recipe from a container of Hershey’s Cocoa. My family has been making it for ages and it’s always so much better than what you can find pre-made in stores and probably a little bit better for you.
- 3/4 c. Hershey's cocoa
- 1 & 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. hot water
- 1 - 2 tsp. cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Dash of salt
- Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a med. sauce pan, and gradually stir in water until mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a boil over med. heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking (and stirring) for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cream.
- Let cool before pouring into a container to store.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Use warm syrup on ice cream for a hot fudge sundae. Syrup is good straight out of the fridge too.