This year I decided to relive my youth with adorable Easter basket cupcakes. I found these Wilton basket wraps in a store a while ago but never did anything with them. As I was going through my baking supplies recently, I came across them and figured they would be prefect for Easter cupcakes.
I’m not even sure if these are widely available anymore since they’re at least 2-3 years old, but you can still buy them on Amazon.
The cupcakes themselves are super easy to make and don’t even take long to put together. Just make a batch of any flavor cupcakes, frost them and cover them with dyed green coconut flakes and egg-shaped candy like M&Ms. That’s it!
- One batch of cupcakes (any flavor)
- Coconut Flakes
- Green and yellow food dye
- Egg-shaped candy (such as M&Ms)
- Make a batch of cupcakes in any flavor and let them cool completely.
- Make your favorite kind of frosting (I used buttercream) and frost the tops of the cooled cupcakes.
- Put some coconut flakes in a ziplock bag, add a few drops of green and yellow food dye, close the bag, and shake it up until the flakes are a good grass-green color.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top of the frosting.
- Place 3 egg-shaped candies in the middle of each cupcake.
- For the baskets, construct the basket wrappers and drop a cupcake into each one.