When I was a kid, my favorite part of Easter was going on an egg hunt around the house. Sometimes my parents would hide presents with each egg as well so it was double the fun!
This year I decided to relive my youth with adorable Easter basket cupcakes. I found these Wilton basket wraps in a store a while ago but never did anything with them. As I was going through my baking supplies recently, I came across them and figured they would be prefect for Easter cupcakes.
I’m not even sure if these are widely available anymore since they’re at least 2-3 years old, but you can still buy them on Amazon.
The cupcakes themselves are super easy to make and don’t even take long to put together. Just make a batch of any flavor cupcakes, frost them and cover them with dyed green coconut flakes and egg-shaped candy like M&Ms. That’s it!
- One batch of cupcakes (any flavor)
- Coconut Flakes
- Green and yellow food dye
- Egg-shaped candy (such as M&Ms)
- Make a batch of cupcakes in any flavor and let them cool completely.
- Make your favorite kind of frosting (I used buttercream) and frost the tops of the cooled cupcakes.
- Put some coconut flakes in a ziplock bag, add a few drops of green and yellow food dye, close the bag, and shake it up until the flakes are a good grass-green color.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top of the frosting.
- Place 3 egg-shaped candies in the middle of each cupcake.
- For the baskets, construct the basket wrappers and drop a cupcake into each one.
Have a wonderful Easter everyone! What types of Easter goodies do you make?