Tomorrow is the 4th of July, so I whipped up these easy brownies as a last minute treat for a BBQ I’m attending. I used a delicious brownie mix I only recently started using. Most brownie mixes that I’ve used taste like brownie mixes. They taste good but not quite as decadent as homemade brownies.
A few weeks ago I tried Trader Joe’s Brownie Truffle Baking Mix with Dutch Cocoa and Chocolate Chips for the first time and was impressed at how rich and delicious it was. It’s also nice that it already has chocolate chips included in it! To make these brownies you can use whatever mix or recipe you want, but I’d suggest trying the Trader Joe’s mix. It’s a good thing to have around when you need a dessert fast and don’t want to rummage through the kitchen collecting all the ingredients.
Make your brownies and let them cool completely. Cut them into small squares and drizzle melted frosting on the top. If you want them to be festive, sprinkle a few jimmies on each.
That’s it! They are easy to make and don’t require a lot of artistic skill, yet they look pretty and patriotic.
- A batch of brownies, cooled completely
- 1/3 of a can of white frosting
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Chocolate chips
- Make your brownies from a mix or recipe and let cool completely. Add extra items (nuts, chocolate chips, marshmallows, etc) to the brownies if you wish.
- Cut the brownies into one inch squares.
- Put a cooling rack on top of a wax paper-covered cookie pan and place the brownie bites onto the rack.
- Melt the frosting in a bowl for 10-30 seconds until the consistency is liquid but still thick.
- Drizzle the frosting in a zig zag pattern over each brownie bite.
- While the frosting is still wet, sprinkle with your red, white, and blue jimmies.
- Chill brownies in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set the frosting.
- Serve at room temperature.
I added marshmallows to my brownies, but they turned brownish yellow while baking and kind of messed up my red, white, and blue color scheme. They taste great though!
What are you doing for the 4th of July? Are you making anything special?
****I was not sponsored or paid by Trader Joe’s to recommend their product. I just really like it!****Pin It